Founded in 1851, Mt Pleasant United Methodist Church began with 24 Charter members whose family names include, but are not limited to Stanton, Graves, Hinton, Burge and Parker. A fire destroyed the church building in 1861 and it was rebuilt after the Civil War. The “hub” of activity at the time was a general store and stagecoach shop that still stands near the junction of Hwy. 11 and Hwy. 278 and is commonly called the “Brick Store Community of Hub Junction" for over 163 years. We have deep roots with a refreshing and new outlook toward the future of our community.